The journey to net zero
Net zero starts in the ground. Which is why we are acutely aware of our role in helping achieve this crucial target. Through our own operations and the work we do with our suppliers and customers, we are focussed on caring for the future of our planet, reducing environmental impact and helping support the sustainable development of urban infrastructure.
We collaborate with suppliers to develop innovative new solutions based on the needs and requirements of our customers. This circular process is what sets us apart and drives our innovation strategy. We believe that building a better, sustainable future starts in the ground, and in turn, that starts with us. By focussing on innovation we can dramatically improve the carbon impact of the nation’s infrastructure projects.
Net zero by 2050 – carbon neutrality
Jewson Civils Frazer, along with the rest of the Saint-Gobain group, are leading the way in combating climate change, by setting our goal of ‘net zero by 2050’. This ambition sees us making huge strides towards decreasing the environmental footprint that we are leaving on the planet, with a view to have 0% emissions by the year 2050.
In our journey to successfully hit this target, we have committed to the following by 2025:
- Reducing our CO2 emissions by 20%
- Reducing our non-recovered waste by 50%
- Reducing our industrial water emissions by 80%
We also aim to do the following by 2030:
- 33% reduction in scope 1 (direct emissions from our buildings)
- 33% reduction in scope 2 (electricity-related emissions)
- 16% reduction in scope 3 (value chain emissions)
Want to get involved?
We encourage everyone to make efforts towards reducing their emissions and working towards carbon neutrality. Remember, we are all in this together! Jewson Civils Frazer are always at hand to offer you expert advice along with low-emission services. If you want to ensure your construction projects are as green as possible, there are a few things you can do:
- Use greener designs & materials. We are constantly working hard on innovative ideas to ensure that our products use the most environmentally-friendly materials possible. Our brands carry stock with a low-carbon output and in turn, help you lower your carbon-footprint in using them.
- Use energy in smarter ways. In order to reduce your emissions, you firstly need to be aware of much energy you’re using. You can start with small efforts to conserve energy such as insulating walls, floors, ceilings and roofs which in turn reduce gas and electricity usage. You can then start considering renewable energy products such as solar panels, which use energy from the sun to power properties.
- Influencing the industry to work towards carbon neutrality. As a global distributor, we play a huge role in connecting our customers with suppliers. While we ensure that our products and operations are environmentally-friendly, we can also provide you with information to support you and your customers towards net-zero carbon building.